The engagement of this project has ended
10 months ago
1) Did you take part in Torfaen's on-line active travel engagement in 2020/2021?
2) Are we correct in our assessment of routes that already meet the agreed standards (existing routes)?
11 months ago
3) Do you think the network of proposed (future) routes shown on this map will encourage you to walk/cycle more for everyday journeys?
4) Are there routes missing from the proposed network that would help you make every-day active travel journeys?
4a) If you answered yes to question 4, please provide details
Walking routes to the local football pitches, especially the pitches accessed from Estate Road, North Street/Stable Row and Abergavenny Road.
5) Do you have any additional comments regarding walking and cycling facilities or active travel policy that you would like Torfaen to consider?
Improved walking/cycling facilities would greatly improve active travel to these sites and use of the car.
12 months ago
Think that the Cycle route could be acknowledged as a "shared" use with walking, Route from Picnic area to Forgeside is at least partially accessible
3a) If you answered no or maybe to question 3, what else would help you change your current short car journeys to walking and cycling?
There's still no direct cycle route suitable for commuting from Blaenavon. The existing cycle route is not suitable, this is a leisure route. We need a direct route to Abersychan. Cwmavon road is currently very dangerous to cycle. However it is the only viable route for day to day commuting to work in Pontypool