The engagement of this project has ended
9 months ago
1) Did you take part in Torfaen's on-line active travel engagement in 2020/2021?
2) Are we correct in our assessment of routes that already meet the agreed standards (existing routes)?
3) Do you think the network of proposed (future) routes shown on this map will encourage you to walk/cycle more for everyday journeys?
3a) If you answered no or maybe to question 3, what else would help you change your current short car journeys to walking and cycling?
Also walking to cultural attractions - particularly the Folly.
4) Are there routes missing from the proposed network that would help you make every-day active travel journeys?
4a) If you answered yes to question 4, please provide details
Walking route to the Folly. Like the focus on day to day activities e.g. school, weekend activities are important too. Thank you
10 months ago
There is no pavement outside the nursing home on The Highway, New Inn
2a) If you answered no or maybe to question 2, which route assessments do you think are incorrect and why?
Most if not all walking and cycling infrastructure in Pontypool is substandard. Maintenance seems to be non existant. Canal and River Trust towpath work often damages the path but don't repair it.
ALL ROADS IN NEW INN especially the estate roads
We are both disabled and there is NOWHERE safe for walking or using mobility aids.
5) Do you have any additional comments regarding walking and cycling facilities or active travel policy that you would like Torfaen to consider?
Biggest problem is somewhere to park so we can get out and walk.
Parks Lane and crumlin road have no info against them. roads are full of potholes and pavements are not very usable. they need to be looked at quite urgently
better roads and pavements